Mental Health Awareness in Health and Social Care
We provide health and social care agencies with a comprehensive mental health awareness training that ensures the workforce are well equipped with the knowledge and skills required to respond to the mental health needs of the service users of the organisation.
Mental health affects everyone, and just like physical health if we do not take care of it, we can become unwell. It is said that 1 in 4 people experience a mental health problem in any year, and in certain fields of health and social care this figure is considerably higher.
This is training is a 1-day workshop and includes:
- An understanding of the prevalence of mental health in the general population and where appropriate the prevalence within the sector of the organisation.
- An overview of the common mental health disorders through to more severe and enduring mental health conditions.
- The hidden nature of mental health problems.
- Tackling stigma and directing people to support and help.
- An overview of treatments for mental health including common medications and talking therapies.
- An understanding of the impact mental health can have on quality of life.
- The skills to have engaging and successful conversations with service users about mental health that promote wellbeing.
- Creating wellness action plans with service users.
- Practical ideas to help others to stay well and take care of psychological wellbeing.
- How to get help and who to turn to, an understanding of the roles of mental health professionals.
- An understanding of the Equalities Act (2010) and how this applies to Mental Health.
This training can be delivered at your place of work, or we can arrange a venue for your team to attend.
To enquire about Mental Health Training for your workforce please contact us to discuss the needs of your team and organisation.