RHCP CPD Training
Sexual abuse in the context of therapy & law:
Exploring the therapeutic management of disclosure of sexual abuse with an understanding of your obligations under safeguarding and the criminal justice processes
With Sally French UKCP Reg & Lynsey Lowe MBACP (Accred)
on Saturday 17th November 2018
The day covers:
- How to handle disclosures of abuse both recent and non-recent.
- Using a mixture of case studies and discussion we will explore:
- the potential conflicts between confidentiality and safeguarding
- what action you should take
- understanding the importance of the context within which you work
- understanding your obligations
- Pre-Trial Therapy Protocol:
- Why is a protocol necessary?
- How might therapy impact on a criminal trial?
- Understanding the need for new contracting
- How does this impact on note taking?
- How long should notes be retained?
- What should I do if I get a request to disclose my notes?
- How can I best support my client through the criminal justice process?
About the trainer:
Sally French was a sexual offences specialist lawyer who worked for the Crown Prosecution Service for 25 years. She is now a UKCP accredited therapist working in private practice. In addition, she regularly delivers training courses including a BACP professional development day on societal rape myths, working with clients going through the court process and consent workshops for professional footballers.
Lynsey Lowe is a BACP Accredited Therapist with extensive experience of working with survivors of childhood abuse. Lynsey worked for a specialist sexual violence service for over 5 years as a counsellor, trainer and supervisor. She now works in the NHS and in private practice as a therapist and supervisor. In addition, she has provided training within the NHS, in organisational settings and for the charity sector on a range of topics
Date & Time:Saturday 17th November 2018 / 10am - 5pm (9.30am Registration)
Cost:£95.00 + VAT
Lunch and refreshments included
CPD Hours:Attendance certificate provided and 6 CPD hours claimable
Booking & Payment:
Book your Place